XBox Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quantum Break both looks and plays good

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GhettoSmurf

GhettoSmurf

Quantum Break both looks and plays good Empty
PostSubject: Quantum Break both looks and plays good   Quantum Break both looks and plays good I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Quantum Break both looks and plays good Quantum_Break1_e1439845073548

This years Gamescom in Cologne brought us many things to be hyped about during the Microsoft briefing, and throughout the rest of the event as well. One of the things I, and I guess a few of you as well, are looking forward to is Remedy’s game Quantum Break. The game that at the same time plays out as a TV series, showcasing the different sides in the conflict between the good and the bad.

Lookwise the game is absolutely stunning, the graphics are exactly right and the whole game pretty much looks like a cinematic. Sure, not much has been seen of the game as of yet, but from the closed doors demo shown at Gamescom the hopes for this are pretty high. And with the game arriving next year, the Win10 update to the Xbox One will be launched, as well as the DX12, allowing the Xbox One to function at a higher rate, adding even more to the looks of the already great-looking game. I’m really excited to see where Remedy takes this and to get my hands on the finished product.

From the demo some of the time powers the protagonist can use were found out. A few of these include:

• Time Blast: it breaks time in a focused area with destructive results.

• Time Rush: it allows running while time is frozen, escaping mortal danger.

• Time Dodge: a quick dash out of harm’s way.

• Time Shield: a protective bubble that can deflect bullets.

• Time Stop: freezes time in a focused area, including opponents and objects.

These however might not be all, as Sam Lake of Remedy mentioned that all the powers are unlocked throughout the game, so there might be more, we’ll just have to wait and see. Each power also has a separate “energy bar” so you can mix them and not have to wait for the energy to return before using the next one, which in my book makes for a more diverse form of combat.

The combat isn’t really fast paced as a normal action game is, no you’re encouraged to take your time, pun definitely intended. Like in a game of chess, you should try to plan the combat a few steps ahead all the time to make full use of your powers and come out of the fight in one piece.

Quantum Break will as of now, release on the 5th of April 2016. Thoughts on the game? Is the whole playing with time an interesting concept? Leave a comment down below.
Back to top Go down

Quantum Break both looks and plays good
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XBox Lounge :: Game News :: Game News & Reviews-
Jump to: