XBox Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Ops 3: Co-Op

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GhettoSmurf

GhettoSmurf

Black Ops 3: Co-Op Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops 3: Co-Op   Black Ops 3: Co-Op I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Black Ops 3: Co-Op Cod_blackops3_reveal

You may or may not of heard but Treyarch are bringing back Co-operative play in their latest edition of the Call of Duty franchise, Black Ops 3.

The Co-Op play will be brought into the campaign where up to four players can team up and work their way through the levels side-by-side, previously we had see co-op on an older call of duty title which I believe was restricted to split screen but in this version it will allow numerous players to join together from their own homes. You can check out the Co-Op trailer below (Due to Playstation now having the early access that Microsoft used to have, the the trailer has done done on a Playstaion 4)

Treyarch are set to raise the bar with Black Ops 3, look at the 3 modes that will be available, Campaign, Multi-player and we can’t forget the classic Zombies, the way Black Ops 3 has been built its as though the 3 modes are like 3 different games combined to make one.

Quote :
“We are very big online fans. We love the social aspect of our game and we believe it is best when you play with friends. We try to make it seamless and easy for players to get in and play with others. If they felt like playing a story mission in one day or maybe they decide they want to play head-to-head competitive multiplayer or zombies, it’s very easy for them to do that” Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Multiplayer Director Dan Bunting.”

The seamless nature of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3’s campaign will make for some very deep experiences for gamers. Treyarch is very intent on getting players matched up with other players as quick as possible, though they did not specify what elements would contribute to a player getting matched up to another player.

A fequently asked question surrounding the campaign and its A.I has been raised as to wether the A.I will scale based on the number of players in game, Dan Bunting has come out with an answer to this saying,

Quote :
“The AI system has been completely rewritten from the ground up because we had to have AI that’s more adaptive. When you have one player, you can kind of predict where they’re going to go and structure AI to be setup for that, but we had to change it because of co-op.

Quote :
“Difficulty will scale, it’s much more adaptive, they are smarter, can think on their own, react to multiple players on the battlefield. There are multiple paths through each of the levels, so you can pick the level of engagement that you want to attack. It has opened up a lot of different opportunities,”

Call of Duty’s main campaign has continuously tried to provide more options and paths for players to progress through a story. While a linear game does need to move the player along linearly, things don’t always have to be as cut and dry.

GameInformer has posted a preview of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3’s campaign mode and revealed that in this title, there’s no more Follow icon in the campaign mode. Previous Call of Duty titles always had a Follow icon on a certain player where the story advances, but with Black Ops 3, that’s gone.

Quote :
The entire segment, which lasted about 20 minutes was free-flowing. We moved throughout the environment as a team, providing covering fire, and hitting the objectives as we pushed ahead. At no point did we see our old friend Follow. The battlefield was ours to do with as we pleased, giving us the chance to test out different tactics and gear.

Bringing co-op play and more open environments, players can now go around missions freely, with new specific order to where you must go.

I’ve been lucky enough (having both consoles) to take advantage of the Beta thats currently live, which will drop on Xbox next week, I love it, always been a Call of Duty fan, Black Ops 2 being my personal favorite but theres somthing about this one that takes me back, I love Co-Op campaign play so this is somthing I’m 100% looking forward to, what about you?
Back to top Go down

Black Ops 3: Co-Op
Page 1 of 1